For those who don’t know, Harem pants are also called Aladdin pants, genie pants or diaper pants(the diaper part, I really dunno why, im guessing its coz its baggy around the butt). It originated from India…..and from what I hear it’s really a cross between skinny jeans and a skirt……..yes! Really… 🙂
So you wanna try out the harem?? well:
1. DO tuck in…. why? To balance out the bagginess at the waist and the fullness at the legs 🙂
2.DO do crop(the two ‘do’s’ are not a repeat)….wear with cropped pants or jackets…its makes the pants stand out.
3. DON’T Over accesorize…remember attention to the pants.
4. People always say wear harem pants with heels to balance out your silhouette and to make your legs look longer…. but don’t always opt for a pair of heels..gladiotors can do all the same 🙂
5. DON’T be afraid to mix colours, You can never go wrong colour blocking…
6. Lastly, you can always create your own style….don’t be afraid to stand out and of course COMFORT is key 🙂
Click here to see how I wore Harem pants 🙂
Till next time, fashion geeks 🙂