My friend Mbithe of the blog The Twenty-Something Life,now with her own website here, reminded me how I was supposed to come up with a 19 before 19 last year so I thought why not do it this year. So here’s the list of the things I plan to do before 1st September 2014.
On September 1st:
So it’s about time we review this list! Check out this updated list of my 20 before 20. I was only able to do 9 (not bad) but I’m still planning on doing some of the remaining ones. I’ll keep updating this list(with pictures, of course) up until I finish everything on this list. 🙂
Get a weave done. Yup. I have never had a weave on in my life. Done. 19-01-2014
See other pictures here.
Learn how to cook some exquisite dishes. I can cook this normal “traditional dishes” but I really just want to be able to cook the extraordinaire. So I’m looking to buy a cookbook soon and embark on my cooking journey 🙂
One down – Pork chops (Twice)
I would still like to try cooking/baking other things 🙂
Go to GP- Karting. July 3rd 2014
Went with a group of friends; it was amazeballs. If you’ve never tried this, then you, my friend, are missing out.
Get at least one custom made piece of clothing. One thing I’ve never done is get some custom made clothes. All my clothes are always either store-bought or thrifted so having something that I have a say in, in terms of colour and design will be really amazing. Taken to the tailor’s on 27th Aug and it was ready by 30th Aug. Pictures will be up on a post soon enough 🙂
Get coloured contacts. May all the short- sighted people please stand up? I wear my glasses mostly when I’m in class and when I’m watching TV. I think it’s about time I tried something different and get contacts. If I so happen to not like them, I’ll just go back to my old and boring glasses. Done 7th June 2014
I got pure hazel. Although, I originally wanted gray but it didn’t look too good on me. But I really loved them, it’s too bad that they were only for a month.
Make my first Android app. Completed 27th March
I did it for my class project, so it still counts. ‘Cause I could have opted to use any other programming language.
Get some short Nail Acrylics. I never thought much of them until I saw a lady with short and beautiful acrylics. They didn’t look fake at all. June 14th 2014
Go for a movie at IMAX. It’s embarrassing, really. When I’m going for a movie, I normally go to places that are closer home. So yup, that’s a plan 🙂 Done 19th March
I watched 300 with my friend. That was my first 3D movie as well. To be honest, I actually prefer 2D. The first thing that actually came to my head when I realised that I’d have to put on 3D glasses was “How in the world will I be able to wear the 3D glasses on top of my glasses?” I ended up not wearing my glasses at all. I’d like to know how people who have worse eyesight than me manage.
Take a spa day. Go for a full body massage and for a mani-pedi. (I’ve never had a full body massage before) Doing that today 1-09-14. What better day than today? 😉
YET TO DO VERY SOON:
10. Run a marathon. This may be sooner than you think. I’m planning to take part in the StanChart Marathon *Thumbs up with a grin on my face*
11. Go Paintballing.
12. Do something that get’s me out of my comfort zone. Last year when I was running a portfolio under AIESEC, we had these exchange students from Belgium so we had them tell us about the strategies they use to get new members into AIESEC and how to get the AIESEC brand out there. One of the exchange students had us go round the school, sitting with random people and starting with “Have you heard about AIESEC?” (Sounds like Barney from How I Met Your Mother saying “Have you met Ted?”) So that was a little bit out of my comfort zone but I really want to do something that REALLY get’s me out of my zone and once that happens I shall write it here 🙂 There’s something in the works that is soo out of my comfort zone! Watch this space***
13.Go for a jog/expedition at Karura Forest. On Rupu they normally have these deals for morning jogs, I have seen it countless times so maybe it happens every month or so. I will find time on a good Saturday morning and go running 🙂 I’m waiting on you Rupu! Make something happen 😉
14. Do AT LEAST 50 Crosswords. I am a cruciverbalist. I loove doing crosswords cause I like knowing new words/ new things. I have two crossword apps on my phone so I guess I’m good to go. 5 down
15. Learn how to play a full song on the piano (with both fingers). I can play “Let Her Go” by Passenger but it’s really basic and I can only play chords for the right hand. Plus I know the basics like Happy Birthday and Mary had a little lamb. So soon enough with practice and lots of YouTube tutorials I shall be able to play a full song.
Reach 50,000 views on this blog.
17. Reach 100,000 views on the blog.
YET TO BE DONE BUT NOT ANYTIME SOON:
18. Read 100 books. I’m not much of a reader but I want all that to change and that’s why this is first on my list. There are sooo many benefits to being a sort of bookworm. 6 books down.
- Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert (Really good)
- Every Boy’s Got One – Meg Cabot
- The Atonement Child – Francine Rivers
- Everything We Ever Wanted – Sara Shepard
- Some random love story I’ve forgotten the title of. But I finished it, I promise. (Scouts honour).
- Currently Reading: Vanishing Acts – Jodi Picoult (I’m almost done)
19. Bungee jump 60 meters with waist deep head dunk in murky waters in Sagana. Once I do this I think it will be safe for me to say that I’ve lived my 20 years well.
. Get a high score of 5,000,000 on Subway Surf. I’m not really a Temple Run fanatic, there are guys who own those streets. So what’s my Subway Surf high score? More than yours. Lol. My high score is exactly 1,149,799 🙂
Let’s get real here, priorities change. Things that you
liked loved at the beginning of the year may not be the same thing you like now.